Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Changing My Focus

The past few months have been busy and at times it has seemed like a whirlwind has gone through the house leaving a trail of debris in the way. Writing was the furthest thing from my mind. I guess I took a break because I felt I needed one. I kept up with singing at church with various choirs so that music could uplift my inner spirit. Working to "cut" two CD's with Terry was fun and I learned a lot about a recording studio. Jason & Holly's wedding was the highlight of the month of May. Busy but not exactly relaxed.

Back in the inner recesses of my mind was the desire to write but I just had to re-organize everything. After the wedding seemed like a perfect turning point for me and as I began to put my thoughts into words, I found that the ideas were still there. They were just hidden beneath all the activity. Now it's time to focus on letting my mind wander and search for the stories that are just below the surface. Stories that need to be told or that are emerging from my mind. Stories that will find their way to this page again.

No comments: